Monday, June 12, 2006

First 15 Days in Seattle

So here goes the first post from Seattle. I am going to post this in both my blaugs until I figure out which one will be Seattle-centric.

I have officially been in Washington for 15 days now. Today was my fifth day at the Experience Music Project / Science Fiction Museum. More about that in a few short paragraphs . . .

I have an apartment in the central district. There is a weird neo-classical post-modernist library (Roth coined that one) across the street. The building looks like it is traveling through time. I'll post pictures when it is nice/light outside. I live in a weird "apartment" if you could even call it that. It is its own building, but it is #B. Basically I am living in this guy's art project from 30 years ago. On the outside it looks like a long triangle, on the inside it looks like a cabin I would stay at on the lake. I have a loft that runs the length of the building that I haven't the faintest idea what to do with.

The barrage of good shows here in Seattle is a bit overwhelming. If these names came through Missoula I would undoubtedly have tickets to all of them, but out here there are three good acts on one night all the time. I saw Smoosh and the Eels my first weekend out. The Smoosh girls are going to be every indie boy's fantasy in about five years (if they aren't already - ew.). They're cute, like to jump around on stages with weird body guard-security-whip cream administering types and they are awfully talented. Though I suppose if my daddy was a record producer, I would be too. Hell, they even signed a bus schedule for Roth. Adorable!

Everyone at the EMP is very cool and agreeable. It is a pretty relaxed environment as far as office-settings go. I have a badge that lets me into places (including the museums for free). Right now I am helping with some pre-production for the Sci-fi Hall of Fame Induction on Saturday. I am going to be working at that event as well, so that's cool. I haven't been through the EMP in a while, but if you are a sci-fi fan at all I recommend checking the SFM out. Working for free kind of sucks, but at least I'll get to do some post production, build my resume and like I said the office is pretty nice.

Oh and Roth and I neglected to go to the Frugal Burger in the entire time he was here. Next time he visits we will correct this egregious error.

More to come. Promise.

No comments:

sometimes I only have one sentence to blog.

from: my tumblr