Friday, November 09, 2007

Danny Glover 4Eva

I've been out of college for almost exactly six months. Apparently this is enough to be completely detached from college culture - or so MTV U would have be believe.

Last night they gave away their "Woodie Awards" (huh?) I really didn't know anyone in college who listened to most of the winners let alone anyone who would give them an award for being great (or even tolerable really). I will recognize some of the winners as being good (Muse) and some of the nominees for being actually great (Thom Yorke - but he was nominated for being "good***" and he didn't win???), but seriously the only award "The Academy Is" really deserves is one for their ability to make me want to punch them in the face on sight. Justice was nominated again for their excellent D.A.N.C.E. video, but didn't win - which makes no sense really since they were nominated for an actual (meaningless) VMA award a few months ago in basically the same category.

So, it begs the question - do college kids really listen to Fall Out Boy and Boys Like Girls and Say Anything (BARF) , or is MTV U's real target audience high school sophomores? Cause at 23 I feel like I am too old for this shit.

------
*** : The actual award is "The Good Woodie" gah?

No comments:

sometimes I only have one sentence to blog.

from: my tumblr