Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ungawa!

I saw this band last night.



They must preform like that all the time since they did it on a Tuesday night snowstorm crowd of about 40 at the Palace. It was great, and worth staying up until 2AM (I work at 8AM! Today is fun for my brain!). They are heavy on the crowd-participation which can go either way for a lot of bands - it went the good way for Chow Nasty. They made us dance, yell "Boom Cha Cha!" and we got to play instruments (plastic tambourines and maracas)!!! It reminded me of the No-Fi Soul Rebellion shows of yore a bit, except they only had a drum machine instead of a "Soul System" guitar/cd player. Good show chaps!

Sigh - I miss NoFi now.

Operator: Stop opened up. For a local band, I was pretty impressed to be sure. Along with about 6 other genres they covered "Hot For Teacher" which was pretty damn funny and the lead singer has some chops. He sang in (by my very flawed/distracted count) about 6 different styles from Mars Volta-style yowling to well, David Lee Roth.



HAWT.

No comments:

sometimes I only have one sentence to blog.

from: my tumblr